Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are ther any chavs in Australia

Are ther any chavs in Australia

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:06 pm
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice
Default Are ther any chavs in Australia

I cant remember seeing any chavs in Perth

I hate everything about them - football, wide boy cars, council hangouts - that fact that I got a £1800 key scratch down my car last night.

Please help me get away from this breed of people!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are ther any chavs in Australia

Originally Posted by Widdi

I hate everything about them - football, wide boy cars, council hangouts - that fact that I got a £1800 key scratch down my car last night.

Avoid Capalaba Central then! Full of em!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Its a different style of chav, the youngsters do not seem to be as badly into there labels as is the case over here.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

I have been out of the UK for some time now, so could you please further define said "Chav", and does simply being from a council estate make a person one? Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:23 pm
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Calgal
I have been out of the UK for some time now, so could you please further define said "Chav", and does simply being from a council estate make a person one? Thanks
No No there are a breed of youth who has a compelling need to don a tracksuit and a designer cap and hang around in groups with nothing to do!

So an evenings car scratching is a social highlight etc.

There are of course nice council estates and dwellers - but there is a tendancy for them to hang out here!

Another for your eyes!

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Widdi]No No there are a breed of youth who has a compelling need to don a tracksuit and a designer cap and hang around in groups with nothing to do!

So an evenings car scratching is a social highlight etc.

There are of course nice council estates and dwellers - but there is a tendancy for them to hang out here!

Another for your eyes!

Widdi - that is SO funny, you must be psychic! I was going to ask if that 'girl' from the Little Britain show would be a good example.....roflol

I'm glad to hear about the council estate bit - 'cos I was born and bred on one! (but we are decent folk, and I was raised to respect my elders, the law, and property - my own and others!!)
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:31 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I bleedin 'ope so as I ain't gonna chuck me Burbury away for no mingers...ged it ! :scared:
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:40 pm
wombat42

There were, but Prime Minister John Howard took a hard line approach to the problem and had them all locked up in detention centers in the Outback along with the Asylum seekers, dispite strong international criticism. Apparently the British conservative party plans to copy Oz's hard line policy in order to help it win the upcoming election.

Last edited by wombat42; Apr 3rd 2005 at 6:42 pm.

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 7:02 pm
Banned

I think we need to outsource our prisons to India!

That should show them a thing or 2!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

ClareW will become famous soon enoughClareW will become famous soon enough

Chav jokes...some old, some new

What do you call a chav in a box? Innit.

What do you call a chav in a filing cabinet? Sorted

What do you call a chav in a box with a lock on it? Safe.

What do you call an Eskimo chav? Innuinnit.

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it’s great
to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.

What do you call a Chavette in a white tracksuit? The bride.

You’re in your car and you see a Chav on a bike, why should you try
not to hit him? It might be your bike.

What’s the first question at a Chav quiz night? What you lookin’
at?”

Why is 3 chavs going over a cliff in a Nova a shame? A Nova seats 4

What do you call a 30 year old chavette? Granny.

Why did the Chav cross the road? To start a fight with a random
stranger for no reason whatsoever.

Two chavs jump off a cliff, who wins? Society.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:24 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wombat42
There were, but Prime Minister John Howard took a hard line approach to the problem and had them all locked up in detention centers in the Outback along with the Asylum seekers, dispite strong international criticism. Apparently the British conservative party plans to copy Oz's hard line policy in order to help it win the upcoming election.
The British Conservative Party have employed an Australian to direct the campaign, hence some of the Liberals populist policies appearing in the Conservative manifesto. Helps distract them from infighting over Europe.

Hopefully the British people remember what the conservatives were like.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:32 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

No but we have "ferals". oh and Dentists................mm
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:35 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Anyone know where the word 'Chav' comes from? What does it mean?

I thought that chav was gypsy slang for child. Now it seems to be label given to yobs.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:39 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice

Originally Posted by ClareW
Chav jokes...some old, some new

What do you call a chav in a box? Innit.

What do you call a chav in a filing cabinet? Sorted

What do you call a chav in a box with a lock on it? Safe.

What do you call an Eskimo chav? Innuinnit.

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it’s great
to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.

What do you call a Chavette in a white tracksuit? The bride.

You’re in your car and you see a Chav on a bike, why should you try
not to hit him? It might be your bike.

What’s the first question at a Chav quiz night? What you lookin’
at?”

Why is 3 chavs going over a cliff in a Nova a shame? A Nova seats 4

What do you call a 30 year old chavette? Granny.

Why did the Chav cross the road? To start a fight with a random
stranger for no reason whatsoever.

Two chavs jump off a cliff, who wins? Society.
Thank you, thank you, thank you... had a long, crappy day, trying to pursuade my 3 darlings to entertain themselves while I kept up on the forum... damn & blast school holidays. Anyway, life rosy again - had a good laugh, some wine and am happy. xx
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really nice

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Anyone know where the word 'Chav' comes from? What does it mean?

I thought that chav was gypsy slang for child. Now it seems to be label given to yobs.
Short for CHeltenham AVerage I think.

Check out www.chavscum.co.uk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.