Home Menu

Site Navigation

NC Suspension / Handling / Brakes *** Sponsored by Good-Win Racing ***
Discussion area for the maintenance and aftermarket addition of Suspension, Brakes, Alignments and Handling of your MX-5/Miata. For concerns and questions for "Stanced" vehicles, please post in the Slammed Section.

Old 16th January 2021, 16:00 #1
New-tral

New-tral

Koni Sport Hardware

I picked up some slightly used Koni Sports for my NC1, but they didn’t come with any hardware. Can I pick up hardware somewhere or do I need to order some from Koni?
PMMiata is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16th January 2021, 16:55 #2
Overdrive

Overdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMMiata View Post
I picked up some slightly used Koni Sports for my NC1, but they didn’t come with any hardware. Can I pick up hardware somewhere or do I need to order some from Koni?
The numbered items in a circle are those parts supplied with the Koni Sport shocks, along with an adjustment knob.

You may contact Koni via web form here.

Or call Koni NA:
(859) 586-4100
Old 3rd February 2021, 12:00 #3
New-tral

New-tral

So Koni claims they don't stock the hardware for these shocks and would have to special order them from Holland with a 4-6 week wait. They also can't tell me a price without doing more research. This seems odd for a shock company to not be able to provide hardware. Does anyone have any hardware laying around or know of any other solution?
Old 3rd February 2021, 13:10 #4
New-tral

New-tral

I just received this email from KONI. Do you think the KYB kit will work? Seems like it would be hard to drill out the spacer sleeve without a drill press.

"I have sent out a request for pricing on the piece parts though it usually takes a few days to hear anything back. In the mean time I was able to track down some info on the parts includes if you were interested in trying to source something quicker than 4-5 weeks, waiting on shipping form Holland once we have pricing. Below you will find a photo of the hardware originally included with the NC Miata shocks. The jam nuts are size m12x1.25, and replaced with a nylock, or nut and split washer. The washer you see has a bit of contour and shape to it so that it does not interfere with the upper metal shock mount as the bushings flex. The hole in the center of the washer needs to be 12.1mm to accept the 12mm threaded pin. The bushing sleeve you see is the most unique piece in that you will need a sleeve that measures 12.1mm ID x 15.95mm OD x 35mm long. Each shocks will require 1 each of the washer and sleeve.

I also found that KYB sells what they call a shock mount kit here, KYB shock mount kit that includes very similar parts. The only minor detail that you need to know in order to use these parts is that both the sleeve and the washer included with this kit, will likely need to be drilled out to 12.1mm or enough to fit over the KONI threads. The KONI shocks use a slightly larger diameter pin detail compared to the factory dampers because they are adjustable, and the addition of the adjuster rod requires the larger shaft diameter."
Old 3rd February 2021, 14:14 #5
Overdrive

Overdrive

See metric sized bushings here