What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Antec P180 side panel mod.

Mibs

It's amazing what a few cold cathodes and some plexiglass can do! I figured I had to at least show off my WC loop, so I took a jigsaw to the side panel of my case. Here are the results:

Day time:

IMG_2927.jpg

Night time:

IMG_2923.jpg

Closer view at night:

IMG_2924.jpg

Some of the cutting is a little crude. After all this case has been through now I'm surprised it's still standing.

Mibs

Not a bad idea! I was thinking about something like this but never knew where to look. Thanks for the heads up!

miggs78

Quite a nice looking window.

Wow Charlie, never knew there was something closed to a U-Channel. I thought there was nothing like that in Canada. :thumb:

Mibs

I took 3.0charlie's suggestion and added some edge trimming to the window. Looks much better I think:

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

I was thinking about painting the case as well but I'm not sure yet.

jay51

beautiful, :clap: thats exactly what i inquired about awhile back,im attempting to mod my 180 sidepanel aswell.just havn't got to it yet, im glad i seen this before i tried.. :thumb:
you made my decision on how to cut mine with this pic..
did you use jigsaw,router tool?

cheers
It's amazing what a few cold cathodes and some plexiglass can do! I figured I had to at least show off my WC loop, so I took a jigsaw to the side panel of my case. Here are the results:

Day time:

IMG_2927.jpg

Night time:

IMG_2923.jpg

Closer view at night:

IMG_2924.jpg

Some of the cutting is a little crude. After all this case has been through now I'm surprised it's still standing.

Mibs

I used a jigsaw with a standard metal blade. Most of the side panel is made of that black composite you see around the edges of the panel. The aluminum is just a very thin sheet on top of it.

Also, try and get the thinnest piece of plexiglass you can. It's a pretty tight squeeze getting the panel back on now.

Last edited:

FreqE1

Nice window Mibs! The trim does finnish it off nicely. Nothing like a good cosmetic mod to really make it your own.:thumb:

Latest posts