GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni Yellow and camber top plates

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Anyone with Koni Yellow struts and 034 or Superpro camber top plates on here? Can you adjust rebound without cutting the strut tower?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Based on the shock rod position on my car with the 034s my guess is you would not be able to get the Koni adjuster top on for sure, but you might still be able to get a pair of pliers on the adjuster. The center of the rod is definitely below metal with those mounts.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I'm also going to say no, since the centerline is so far off. You'd be better off just getting one of those hole saw jigs and cutting it larger.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Also, they are underneath the cowling, so you're never going to see them anyway.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Yeah that's definitely plan B. I also realized that the adjustment bit sits higher than the metal, so I can't even use the stock dust cap at the moment. Even if it does sit below the metal, it will be very hard to accurately adjust rebound with pliers.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
No you can't adjust them without cutting the shock towers. I didn't remove the whole upper part above the surface the mounting bolts attach to (although if I was to do it again I probably would), I just notched out the side where the adjusters stick up. I used a Dremel with a cutting wheel. It goes through the metal very easily. I started cutting with the "I'll just take a little off" mentality and I had to unmount them and remove more material like 2-3 times. Take a good 1.5-2cm away from the area the adjuster will stick out of. I will try to remember to grab a pic for you of mine.