Mountain Project Logo

The Ugly Feet Thread

Original Post
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

Lets see pics of your ugly feet and all the calamities that go along with them!

My fatty tissue has disappeared and my nails are digging into the sides of the other toes (woeisme). Plus the calluses have created blunt edges on the tips of the toes. Not too mention my pinky toe is all callused over (or is it corned?!)

What do you do for your feet? Let's see 'em!

Kelley Gilleran · · Meadow Vista · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 2,812

Toenail fungi in 2 big toes and rt pointer. Removed middle nail on left foot.
Tom Sherman · · Austin, TX · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 433
Tradiban wrote: Lets see pics of your ugly feet and all the calamities that go along with them!

My fatty tissue has disappeared and my nails are digging into the sides of the other toes (woeisme). Plus the calluses have created blunt edges on the tips of the toes. Not too mention my pinky toe is all callused over (or is it corned?!)

What do you do for your feet? Let's see 'em!

Is this why you’re so angry all the time?

Stephen L · · Atl GA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 130

This thread is someone's nightmare. It doesn't exactly make me hungry, but I bet there's some poor soul out there that would go into convulsions after seeing your skeletor trotters.
Pink flesh stretched as tight as a funeral drum; yikes.  

Cron · · Maine / NH · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 60
Sky Pilot wrote: This thread is someone's nightmare. It doesn't exactly make me hungry, but I bet there's some poor soul out there that would go into convulsions after seeing your skeletor trotters.
Pink flesh stretched as tight as a funeral drum; yikes.  

It's also someones fetish...

gross
Bruno Schull · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 0

OK folks....behold my feet.

Size 14 street shoe
Bunions
6th toe
Pronation with no arch
Two surgeries for different issues
Terrible toenail fungus on all toes for 30 years

Climbing shoes: for the last 10 years I have rock climbed exclusively in size 13 5.10 Guide Tennies.  It's great--when I can't climb something (which is often) I have a built in excuse--it ain't me, it's the shoes!

In the last year, I've had sucess with two models of Scarpa actual climbing shoes: the Helix in a size 49, and the Maestro Mid Eco in a size 50.

It's so great that Scarpa is making quality shoes in big sizes, although, of course, these are not down turned anatomic performance shoes.  For me, however, they're great.  

Ski boots: as I have gotten older, and my bunions have gotten worse, my feet have, counter-intuitively, gotten shorter.  I ski in a shell size 30, with punches for the bunion and sixth toe.

Mountain boots: Scarpa or La Sportiva size 48.  In the last year 47.5 ( see above)

Running shoes: Altra (size 13 or even 12) or Hoka One (size 13).

Street shoes: Keen and Lem's work, if you can find a style you like.

Comfort: in Summer Birkenstocks (with closed toes to hide the fungus) and in Winter Uggs...that fleece is so cozy.
Taylor Krosbakken · · Duluth, MN · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 1,086

^ those are no good....the milk has gone bad so to speak...

People should also post what climbing shoe models work well for them. So if you find a sole match (see what I did there) then you might find a new shoe that works well for you messed up feet. :) 

Christopher Chu · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 40

i so wanted not to click on this thread.  damnit.

Cosmic Charlie · · Washington · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0
Bruno Schull wrote: OK folks....behold my feet.

Size 14 street shoe
Bunions
6th toe
Pronation with no arch

Climbing shoes: for the last 10 years I have rock climbed exclusively in size 13 5.10 Guide Tennies.  It's great--when I can't climb something (which is often) I have a built in excuse--it ain't me, it's the shoes!

In the last year, I've had sucess with two models of Scarpa actual climbing shoes: the Helix in a size 49, and the Maestro Mid Eco in a size 50.

It's so great that Scarpa is making quality shoes in big sizes, although, of course, these are not down turned anatomic performance shoes.  For me, however, they're great.  

Ski boots: as I have gotten older, and my bunions have gotten worse, my feet have, counter-intuitively, gotten shorter.  I ski in a shell size 30, with punches for the bunion and sixth toe.

Mountain boots: Scarpa or La Sportiva size 48.  In the last year 47.5 ( see above)

Comfort: in Summer Birkenstocks (with closed toes to hide the fungus) and in Winter Uggs...that fleece is so cozy.

these might be the winners ha

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274
Conor Pesci wrote:

these might be the winners ha

agreed, lets just stop here...

peter graupner · · stillwater,mn · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 45
Climberdude · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 0

Dear god.... let’s please end with the pictures 

Gumby King · · The Gym · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 52

This is a dream come true!

(Also bumping bc we all need to see this)

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Bruno Schull wrote: OK folks....behold my feet.

Size 14 street shoe
Bunions
6th toe
Pronation with no arch

Fugly as hell!

I'm delighted to take part.

Love me...love my feet!

Now I'm waiting for some old mountaineers to post some pics....frostbite?

Niccolo Gallio · · mainly Italy · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

Quack, I’m a duck.

Ultrawide feet.

Hiking/walkingthedawg shoes: Old Keen targhee mid 14US
Approach shoes: Arc'teryx Konseal 13US (surprisingly non-punishing for my wide feet)
Comfort shoes: BD momentum Vegan 13.5US (VERY comfortable but edge like shit)
"Performance" shoes: 5.10 Anasazi VCS 12US (they don't make a larger number)

Greg Maschi · · Phoenix ,Az · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0
Wow sorry folks but some of those pics make me happy I don’t have any little piggies.
Greg Maschi · · Phoenix ,Az · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0

Current shoe is a Scarpa Maestro with a flexible aluminum insert. Started with a completely stiff plate insole(was amazing for edging but smearing was an adventure)and now edging is still very good and smearing is much easier.

Best thread ever

@Greg...I rest in awe

Cosmic Charlie · · Washington · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0
Greg Maschi wrote:
Wow sorry folks but some of those pics make me happy I don’t have any little piggies.

May I ask what happen?  I had a friend lose the three outer toes on his right foot during a mountaineering trip in India. The first day I met him, half in the bag getting ready for a Phish show in Seattle, pulled off his shoes and socks because I didnt believe him.  Should have believed him.  Seeing that, and where my head was at the time, blew me away ha.  Still crushes it climbing and skiing.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Training Forum
Post a Reply to "The Ugly Feet Thread"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started