Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 May 2024, 21:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2011, 22:10 

Since it is on the Unreal engine, it does work at widescreen and surround resolutions, but the game only shows a few preset options for resolution in the UI. Go to:
SteamsteamappscommonsanctumEngineConfigBaseEngine.ini

And change the lines:
ResX=
ResY=

To whatever resolution you want.

Be warned though, that the menus were very fragmented and almost unusable when I briefly tried it out. In-game, a first glance seems to show everything working just fine, and there are definitely no major in-game issues. But the main menu is very, very broken on surround resolutions.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2011, 10:29 
Administrators
Administrators

Simply getting the resolution to work is one thing, but there are a few other things you need to fix the game compleatly, its running the unreal engine, so its vertical minus by default. That said it took me all of 1 minute to find a one size fits all fix for the Aspect ratio, in all fairness it was remarkably easy to get this far:

Find the SanctumEngine.ini file in Documents/My Games/Sanctum/SanctumGame
Find and edit the following:
Code:
[SystemSettings]
   ResX=1680
   ResY=1050

[Engine.LocalPlayer]
   AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainXFOV

to
Code:
[SystemSettings]
   ResX=5040
   ResY=1050

[Engine.LocalPlayer]
   AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Results in a game that is 75% of the way to being fully working on multi monitor systems.

HUD and UI are scaled correctly, 2D HUD and UI elements appear fine, the ingame HUD is centred to the middle monitor, the only issue is the UI that sit on 3D planes. I've looked in all the config files and ether I've missed them or I can't find any options for the 3D menu. So I've petitioned the makers in the steam forum for help to find the options if they exist or for them to fix the issue, add your voice:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1861839

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."